The Scenarios feature can be used to modify the characteristics of passive elements in the circuit model while the simulation is running. This article describes how to create and import a Scenarios template file, and how to manage Scenarios during the simulation. Note that Microsoft Excel is required to use this feature.
- In the VeriStand System Definition, browse to the Circuit Model section. Confirm that a circuit model has already been added.
- Enable the Use Scenarios? checkbox.
- Click the Scenario Path file browser button and select a new file name and path for the Scenario template file. The file name must have the extension .xls.
- Click New. The template will be created at the specified file path.
- Open the template file in Microsoft Excel and observe. The top row of the file displays a list of all modifiable passive component parameters, while the second row, titled Default, lists the parameter values defined in the Circuit Model file.
- Update the template by adding a row for each desired Scenario, titled ScenarioX where X is the index of the Scenario in ascending order (i.e. Scenario1, Scenario2, etc). For each defined Scenario, add new parameter values to the desired columns.
- Save the file.
- Optional: In VeriStand, click Refresh to validate that the Scenarios Used indicator matches the number of scenarios defined in the template.
- Save the System Definition file.
- To switch between Scenarios at execution time, modify the value of the Scenario ID channel. For instance, a Numeric Control can be added to the project Workspace to allow the operator to modify the Scenario ID channel manually while the simulation runs.