This tab links the data files with the ePHASORSIM solver.
|Name||This field allows user to specify a unique name for each solver where more than one exists in a Simulink model.|
|Input file format|
The user can choose between Excel, PSS/e Ver. 32, CYME Ver. 7.x and PowerFactory Ver. 2019 input file formats. Different configurations get activated in the mask depending on this selection.
See the figures below for examples of various inputs.
|Use UDB (trial version: exclusively with PSS/e input data and no FMU)|
When checked, solver imports the data files using UDB (UnifiedDatabase) instead of MATLAB. This feature is currently limited to PSS/e input data with no FMU.
Requirements: Must have installation of UDB v184.108.40.206 or above, MATLAB 2016B or above and I/O pins files in xlsx extension.
|Complete network or I/O pins file (*.xls or *.xlsx)|
This is a common field used to configure the network data and incoming/outgoing pins for the Solver block. User can select the file directly using the Select button or open the file specified in this field using the Open button.
|Refresh netlist only when the simulation starts|
Large networks may be lengthy to read and parse. This option delays the conversion process until the simulation starts.
When unchecked, the conversion is done when OK is clicked instead. This field is common to all input formats.
- The name of the OPAL files that are created and transferred to the target is based on the name of the Excel file (XLS file name).
- The input files and the Simulink model should be saved in one single folder to which the MATLAB current working directory is set.
- Any change in the input files content or in the mask are applied when the network data is converted to OPAL format.
|Complete network (*.xls or *.xlsx)|
This field is used to configure the input and output pins for the Solver block and contains network data for ePHASORSIM.
Clicking the link below this field opens an empty template of the Excel input file.
Block mask configured for Excel input
PSS/e Ver. 32
|I/O pins file||The Excel file with only General and Pins pages are required. If Use UDB is checked, pins file must be in xlsx extension.|
|RAW file||Raw data file must be specified here (*.raw).|
|DYR file||Dynamic data file must be specified here (*.dyr).|
|Use built-in models|
Check this box to use the ePHASORSIM’s built-in models. If this option is not checked, ePHASORSIM searches for Modelica based FMUs in the corresponding folder defined in the Library tab.
|Replace FMU by built-in, as much as possible|
This option activates only in case of PSS/e input file when Use built-in models is unchecked. It will regenerate the required input files for Solver based on built-in library. Note that the Pins might be affected due to this replacement.
The link below this option opens the user guide page for PSS/e import.
Block mask configured for PSS/e input
CYME Ver. 7.x
|I/O pins file||The Excel file with only the Pins page is required.|
|SXST file (*.sxst)||Netlist containing network data must be specified here (*.sxst).|
|Power-flow report (*.xls) [optional]||An Excel file, containing the bus voltages exported from CYME’s power-flow, to be used for dynamic initialization (*.xls).|
Should be checked if the input data file is for unbalanced system. Otherwise, the netlist is assumed to be balanced and ePHASORSIM constructs the positive sequence equivalent circuit of the system.
The link below this option opens the user guide page for CYME import.
- The FMU feature does not support the unbalanced three-phase systems for CYME input file format. Therefore, if Unbalance is checked, Use built-in models should be checked as well.
- Import from CYME for balanced networks is disabled in this release of ePHASORSIM. Please use RT-LAB v2020.4 or older versions.
Block mask configured for CYME input
|I/O pins file||The Excel file with only General and Pins pages are required. This file must be in xlsx extension.|
DGS file (XML format)
PowerFactory DigSILENT interface file (DGS in XML format) which includes all data for the network topology and component parameters.
The link below this field opens the user guide page for PowerFactory import.
- The user must export a DGS file of PowerFactory database in XML format to be imported in ePHASORSIM.
- The imported data from PowerFactory will be mapped in ePHASORSIM to its positive sequence library of models, which are representative of transmission systems.
- To have a compatible DGS file for ePHASORSIM the 'DGS_Export_Definitions_5_to_ePH.dz' file provided in PHASOR-17 example folder must be used in PowerFactory to export DGS file.
- This DZ file must not be modified or revised to assure compatibility.
- Only DGS version 5.0 files from PowerFactory 2019 are supported.
- MATLAB 2016B or above is required for the PowerFactory import.
Block mask configured for PowerFactory input