- Installation of RT-LAB is required to run ePHASORSIM.
- From version v2021.3 and later an installation of OPAL-RT's Unified DataBase (UDB) is required to import data from PowerFactory input file.
|MATLAB||The 32/64bit versions of MATLAB R2015b and above that are supported by RT-LAB.|
|C/C++ Compiler for MATLAB||LCC for MATLAB 32bit and MinGW64 for MATLAB 64bit are free compilers recommended by MATLAB that can be used.|
|Java version 8.0 or later||Required to import data from CYME.|
The FMI feature is compatible with:
- DYMOLA Version 2019, released 2018-04-11 (MATLAB 32/64bit): Real-time target can be either in RedHat (32bit) or new OPALRT Linux OS (64bit); however, the new OS is highly recommended.
- OpenModelica 1.9.1 (r22929) (only MATLAB 32bit): Real-time target must be RedHat OS (32bit).
- OpenModelica 1.16.2 (only MATLAB 64bit): Real-time target must be OPALRT Linux OS (64bit).
To export FMU an installation of DYMOLA or OpenModelica (OM) is required.
To run an ePHASORSIM model with DYMOLA or OM 1.16.2 FMUs, the installation of DYMAOLA or OM1.16.2, respectively, is not required. Whereas, in case of OM 1.9.1 FMUs an installation of OM is required on both linux target and host.
- On Linux targets:
- OM 1.16.2 is pre-installed as a default package in OPAL-RTLinux OS v3.5.3 and later versions.
- For OM 1.9.1 use FMUCreator to install the proper package on RedHat Linux target.
- On host: download the required installer file via the following links and install it manually.
- OpenModelica-v1.16.2-64bit.exe: https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/builds/windows/releases/1.16/2/64bit
- OpenModelica-1.9.1-revision-22929.exe: https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/builds/windows/releases/1.9/1
Note: This version of OM 1.9.1 has memory leak issues which will limit the number of FMUs that can be used in a model. OPAL-RT has partially resolved this memory leak and made a custom build of OM 1.9.1 that is recommended for better performance. The customized OM 1.9.1 has installers for both Windows and Linux. Please contact OPAL-RT Support to receive this custom version gratis.
- The tool FMUCreator, included with RT-LAB, eases installation of OpenModelica on the Linux target. It also simplifies compilation and generation of FMUs from the user’s developed models.
- The FMUCreator tool has an external dependency on Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022. The user must ensure the latter is installed prior to running the tool.
- The MinGW binary folder (provided with OpenModelica at %OPENMODELICAHOME%/MinGW/bin) must be added to the system path after installation.
To run ePHASORSIM, both host and target computers need to have appropriate licenses installed.
The license key names are:
|EPHASOR_RT||Enables ePHASORSIM on a real-time target.|
|EPHASOR_NRT||Enables ePHASORSIM offline (on Windows host).|
|EPHASOR_NUM_POWERSYSTEM_NODES||Maximum size of a power system (in number of nodes) that can be simulated by ePHASORSIM.|
|EPHASOR_INPUTFORMAT_PSSE||Enables ePHASORSIM’s PSS/e data file input feature.|
|Enables ePHASORSIM’s CYME data file input feature.|
|EPHASOR_INPUTFORMAT_POWERFACTORY||Enables ePHASORSIM’s PowerFactory data file input feature.|
|EPHASOR_FEATURE_POWERFLOW||Enables power-flow computation on the host (even though the target uses the results of the power-flow, the target’s license doesn’t contain this key)|
|EPHASOR_PYTHON_API||Enables ePHASORSIM’s python API feature.|
|EPHASOR_NUM_CORES||Maximum number of cores that can be used for simulation on a Linux target. [If this key is set to a number strictly higher than 1, EPHASOR_PARALLELIZE_GENUNITS is enabled.]|
|EPHASOR_PARALLELIZE_GENUNITS||Enables parallel computation for generator units in the embedded library and FMUs (machines and their controllers). [If this key is set, EPHASOR_NUM_CORES is set to a number strictly higher than 1]|
|EPHASOR_PARTITION_POWERSYSTEM||Enables partitioning of the power system: when the power system is partitioned, the network’s nodal equations are computed in parallel. [If this key is enabled, EPHASOR_PARALLELIZE_GENUNITS is enabled too]|
Enables FMUCReator to use DYMOLA as a tool to build FMUs compatible with ePHASORSIM. This key is required only for FMUCreator and not for running the pre-build FMUs. No license is required for OpenModelica FMU.