The Base Module (BM) card is inserted in the first slot (left-most slot) of the chassis. Its main feature is to control the power moding circuitry that drives the power bus.
The board also has the following capabilities :
- Monitoring and control of the operating power provided to all modules
- Monitoring of serial interfaces, in order to analyze the connection of serial tools to the ECU
- Output of a trigger signal based on the model synchronization signal or the engine position, in order to facilitate the capture of waveforms synchronized with the model execution
- Identification of the whole set of cables connected to the simulator
Only one BM card can be installed in one OP6000V2 chassis.
The board also supports the following features, which are common to all OP6200 I/O boards :
- Activity and status LEDs
- Battery voltage compatibility
- Cable Identification
- Firmware Update
- Module information
- Over-temperature detection