The Reference Pulse Generator (RPG) card serves as the interface for input and output ECU signals referenced to the engine rotation.
Based on a simulated engine rotation computed by the FPGA card, the module provides the following features :
- Engine Synchronous Pulse Generation including TDC, RESET and HiRES signals, 4 CAM phasing outputs, and 8 configurable reference pattern generator outputs,
- Engine Synchronous signals capture on 12 Engine Spark Timing (EST) and 12 Injector input signals,
- Knock sensor output simulation, based on an internal waveform generator or an external knock source.
Only one RPG card can be installed in one OP6000V2 chassis.
The board also supports the following features, which are common to all OP6200 I/O boards :
- Activity and status LEDs
- Battery voltage compatibility
- Cable Identification
- Firmware Update
- Module information
- Over-temperature detection