Connect the USB cable
- Connect the USB cable between the PC and the OP8666 ICP port.
- The USB cable will directly connect to the JTAG integrated into the OP8666.
Configure the Project Properties
- Go to Code Composer Studio (CCS).
- Right-click on the project name created before.
- Click on Properties.
- Configure in the project properties the Build → C2000 Linker → Basic Options.
- Set the “Specify output file name” as Demo_gain.out.
- Also set the “” as Demo_gain.map.
- It should be under the Demo_gain_ert_rtw folder.
Configure the Debug Settings
- Click on the button Debug → Debug Configurations...
- Select your project Gain_Project in the left pane.
- Go to the Program tab.
- In the Program field, browse to Demo_gain.out.
Debug the Code
- The interface in CCS changes to a Debug window.
- In the View menu, click on Expressions.
- Click on the Expressions tab,
- Add the variables:
- Press Play to run the code.
- Select Continuous Refresh.
- Change the input variable value to see the change in the output.
- To track the variable value graphically:
- Right-click on the variable.
- Select Graph.
- Change the input variable value again to see the change graphically.
- Remember to enable Continuous Refresh for graphs as well.
- You can pause and stop the debugging.
- You can also use debug to step through the generated code.