|Table of Contents|
Although the OP7000V2 comes pre-installed with all purchased I/O boards, in the course of your project, you may need to install additional conditioning I/O or FPGA boards in the OP7000V2 chassis.
Before installing the board, please read carefully the instructions below.
- Special attention must be paid to the types of boards that are installed in each of the slots at the front and the rear of the unit. For example, if an analog board is installed in slot 1 at the front of the unit, then an analog conditioning board MUST be installed in slot 1 at the rear of the unit.
- Each slot has a track that guides the board into exact connector alignment. Slot track guides in the back and front of the chassis are color-coded to indicate which type of board can be installed
For analog or digital I/Os, the guidelines below will help you select the proper combination of cards and slots:
In order to drive I/O lines in analog input or analog output mode:
- Install an OP5330 analog output or an OP5340 analog input mezzanine on an OP7220 carrier card
- Install the OP7220 carrier card in one odd-numbered front slot
- Do NOT install any card in the next even-numbered slot
- In the corresponding back slot, install one of these cards:
- If using an OP78E0 carrier:
- If an OP5330 is installed on the OP7220, install only input modules on the OP78E0 carrier
- If an OP5340 is installed on the OP7220, install only output modules on the OP78E0 carrier
- Do NOT install a mix of input and output conditioning modules
Note: The previous OP7000 chassis supported some other conditioning modules for analog input and output, such as the OP7818, OP7819, etc. Please contact your sales or support representative to check for compatibility or replacement cards before using such modules in the OP7000V2.
In order to drive I/O lines in digital input or digital output mode,
- Install the card in an available back slot of the chassis.
If the slot is an even-numbered slot,
verify that there is no analog card in the odd-numbered slot next to it.
This verification needs to be done for the slot with the lower number, since the following two scenarios produce two different outcomes:
- In the corresponding front slot, install an optional OP7353
- It is also permitted to have a secondary OP7170-2 in the corresponding front slot
Note: The previous OP7000 chassis supported some Some other digital I/O cards with BNC connectors have been obsoleted. Please contact your sales or support representative to check for compatibility or replacement cards before using such modules in the OP7000V2.
Installing the New Board
The system must be powered down before changing boards. Failure to do so may damage the equipment.
Use anti-static wrist straps whenever handling any electronic device provided by OPAL-RT. Damage resulting from electrostatic charges is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
The following image illustrates how to insert hardware components into the OP7000 chassis.