To successfully deploy and run the Power Electronics Add-On, a valid deployment license must be installed from the development machine. A deployment license can be tied to one or more NI targets, identified by the MAC address of their primary network adapters (NIC). The Power Electronics Add-On can only be executed on the targets added to the deployment license. Follow the steps below to request and install a deployment license.
Requesting a License
Submit a license request using the OPAL-RT Support Portal. Include the following information in the request:
- Your OPAL-RT Project Number
- The MAC Address of the primary Ethernet adapter of your Real Time target
- A message specifying that the license will be for use with the OPAL-RT Power Electronics Add-On for NI VeriStand.
The MAC Address can be obtained by connecting to Real Time target in the NI Measurements & Automation Explorer (NI MAX). Be sure to use the address from the eth0 (Primary) section.
Installing a License
- Open the OPAL-RT License Manager. This program is installed alongside the Power Electronics Add-On.
- A window will pop up asking you to browse for a License File(s).
- Select the License Files(s) you would like to install.
- Click the OK button.
- Repeat this process on all development machines that will be used to connect to the Real Time target.