A. Small form-factor pluggable (SFP) module connectors provide four high-speed communication links between other FPGA simulators or third-party devices. Each socket controls one communication link. SFP transceivers and fiber-optic cables must be selected (and purchased separately) according to the type and speed of the communication protocol.
- Note: MuSE link requires specific SFP transceivers and optical fiber cables:
- SFP: Avago AFBR-57R5APZ
- Cable: LC-LC multimode 850 nm optical fiber
B. JTAG connector (for OPAL-RT technicians’ use only).
- Note: JTAG connector is highly sensitive to Electro Static Discharge (ESD). Always leave plastic plug in place when not in use. Wear an anti-static wrist strap at all times when using this connector.
C. Synchronization connectors status and user-configurable LEDs, dip switch and synchronization connectors.
- LED Label
- PROG/CFG OK:
- CFG OK steady on green and PROG off indicates the FPGA is functioning normally.
- CFG OK off and PROG steady on yellow indicate the FPGA has stopped and is no longer functioning.
- RX: Green when receiving synchronization.
- TX: Green when transmitting synchronization.
- USER 1: Green LED controlled. Configured by the user using Simulink blocks.
- USER 2: Green LED controlled. Configured by the user using Simulink blocks.
- PWR ON: Green indicates that the power is on.
- Green indicates MASTER mode.
- Yellow indicates SLAVE mode.
- Flashing green and yellow indicates a SAFE bitstream in the FPGA
- PROG/CFG OK:
- Dip switch
- CHASSIS INDEX: 8-pin DIP switch that allows users to set the device’s network chassis index. It can be set from 00 to FF (in HEX) for a maximum of 256 addresses, default value = 00. Refer to General Configuration to copy this value in RT-LAB.
- SYNCHRO Connectors Label
- TX/RX Fiber-Optic Connectors (square connectors): Compatible with OP4500, OP5607, OP7000 and OP7020. Synchronizes time steps between systems and includes high-speed FPGA pulses.
- TX/RX Copper Cable Connectors (3.5 mm audio jack connectors): Legacy connectors compatible with all OPAL-RT products except OP4200.
D. Target computer monitoring interface. Two push buttons and six LED indicators:
- Power Push Button: Power on or shut down the target computer.
- Reset Push Button: Resets the target computer.
- Power Green LED: On indicates that the unit is powered up.
- HDD Green LED: On indicates that the hard disk drive is operating.
- NIC1 Green LED: On indicates that network port 1 is in use.
- NIC2 Green LED: On indicates that network port 2 is in use.
- Power Fail Red LED: On indicates a power fault.
- Overheat/Fan Fail Red LED: On indicates either that unit has overheated or a fan fault.